Monday, December 3, 2007

Woof! Woof!

As I was just waiting for my page to load in my computer, i called out my dog just for the sake of disturbing her from her sleep.

Of course she did not move or in fact maybe she just did not hear me..

As I looked at her stomach rising up and down with her legs kicking at times, I start to wonder

"Does dog dream?"


According to a professor, YES!

Dogs do dream!

In fact, all animals dream!

So, what do they dream of?

Bones? Balls? It's lover? Big kennel? Me??

No one knew for certain that animals dreamed the way we do, which can involve replaying events or at least components of events that occurred while we were awake," said Matthew Wilson of MIT's Center for Learning and Memory. "We looked at the firing patterns of a collection of individual cells to determine the content of rats' dreams. We know that they are in fact dreaming and their dreams are connected to actual experiences."

Okay, so the examples above are accepted!

Well, then another thought came by.

Does dog have nightmares?

And this is what i found..

Abused animals have post traumatic stress just like humans. Well cared for & loved animals (my dog) can still have nightmares too, but theirs are different from abused animals. For instance , a cared for dog may be distressed from a dream of not getting a daily treat or feelings of neglect if they think another animal is getting favored over them. All animals have dreams of fighting enemies,or chasing prey


I wonder if my dog dreams the same kind of nightmare...

If only I can talk in dog's language..

If only...



My dog (sorry for the blur image because i can't find for my digital camera)

No comments: