Saturday, December 29, 2007

the coolness of the light

Had been staying at my house for some days without going anywhere except around my neighbourhood and my old house. Sometimes its pretty relaxing to have that silence peace around me, but sometimes it can be too much of the feeling of being trapped in the same place while looking at people going in and out freely. Maybe its because I had been busy this almost two months, travelling up and down non-stop. Guess this sudden emptiness of travelling is good to force some brakes in myself. I have to settle myself down before the school begins and get myself calm and ready for anything that will come by.

During this period of time, I had grabbed a book that I had bought using my PMR money (cziplee). That is my first firsthand novel book I had bought by myself. The title is
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards.I was busy when I bought this so had only managed to read half of the story. Well, after reading the story once again, I find this story pretty unique. This whole story is mainly about a father, who was a doctor, had given out his newborn daughter who had Down's syndrome, to his nurse, asking her to bring his daughter to an institute where all the other children had the same case as his daughter. Then, he lied to his wife saying that she died. It was 1965. Well, he thought that he had taken control of everything, it turned out that it was a pretty big mistake. Anyway, the nurse did not send his daughter there because she just couldn't after looking at the shabbiness of the place. Instead, she brought along her to another place and raised her herself. As the doctor thought that he had spared his wife and his son, who was the baby girl's twin, the sadness of knowing that their daughter had Down's syndrome, it turned out that his family were not the same anymore after everyone thought that the baby girl died. Everyone was really sad and the father was put in dilemma. Then, the family slowly falls apart, day by day, and drifted further and further. Well, at the end, after like 20+ years, the baby girl didn't die as predicted at the age of 12. She survived, under the care of the nurse. After the father passed away from a sudden heart attack while jogging, the nurse then told the mother all the stories.

I was just thinking that, sometimes one may think that everything is in control, thinking that one's perspective of view is always correct, while actually its not at all. Really, its not at all. If you don't know, then explore and experience it first without ruining others who had not even stepped a foot out. Its like a rotten durian you know. No yellow flesh inside but brown and black. EEWwwwww..
Ah, had been sitting on the floor typing all of this. I guess I had better go and pack more stuffs. So, if I can't make it back again here on time, I would like to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!

and

OLYMPIC is COMING!!



bye~ =)

No comments: