Monday, October 29, 2007

~Melancholy Melatonin~



Quote from EST text book "A person's sleep-wake cycle is a complex process that scientists have not fully understood. What is known, however, is that it is greatly influenced by a hormone called melatonin. Produced by the pea-size pineal gland in the brain, melatonin helps the body to regulate its sleep-wake cycle. A high level of melatonin tells the body that it is time to sleep, and a low level tells the body that it is time to wake up."


I guess the pea-size pineal gland in my brain has totally malfunctioned when it detects the aroma of exam papers. Deeply soaking in a large amount of this melatonin hormone, i really "cannot" explain why I couldn't concentrate on the exam paper!
Or maybe teachers had sprayed something on the exam papers which will activate the pea-size pineal gland in the brain to ensure us students had already taken a large dose of caffeine? Yeah!! It must be because I really couldn't explain why and i did not gulp a single drop of coffee!


Human's sleep-wake cycle is indeed complex! A person that has been sleeping for so long can still be sleepy during exam! I wonder what is happening to this particular complex process. Its no wonder scientists cannot explain totally how it works. Brains, ya know.=P

Anyway, the Chemistry exam today is by far the worst one of all. Paper 2 and 1 which i crapped and tembaked until my bullets all got daunty all the way till i was asleep. Imagine.. Here is a poem i would like to dedicate to my late Chemistry..

Chemistry, oh, chemistry,
Long jump with her close friend, biology,

Not wanting to be left without the logy,
So Physics follow along towards the lorry.


Carrying sulphur, chloride, mercury

Not forgetting this huge electrochemistry

The lorry swerves towards the loji
Pouring out all this jewelry


Chemistry cry and cry mightily
Until the Magnesium burns vigorously

Holding on to what is left innerly
So Mr.Zero will not slap her accidentally.


Okay, okay..i know this is lame!Haha!But really, now i would even be happy if my Chemistry will not have to meet Mr.Zero! I still remember the first and also last time i failed a subject. It was my Moral when i was in my Form 1. Just only managed to scrape 12 marks for it. I just hope that that will be the last time i fail my subject though i'm not so sure now.

Hope tomorrow i can find Physics 3 and 1 alive. Hope they did not follow the footsteps of all their little friends!


Physics, oh Physics..Spare me some velocities!



p/s : I think i will continue using back this old blog instead of the new one. I don't think I'll have the time to manage the other one and also thanks to all the warnings about xanga from someone, I'll just revert back to this old blog for less hassle..Hehe..

Till here and see you all again tomorrow.....that is if im still alive...

No comments: